Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Homeland Security Certificate Program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skill sets needed to effectively deal with the challenges facing America in the arena of homeland security.Homeland security took on a new meaning as of Sept. 11, 2001. It is such a complex and critical term that it has a variety of meanings, depending on the perspective and context of its use. To some, it refers to the new federal agency, which merged such diverse entities as FEMA, the Transportation Security Administration, Immigration and Customs, the Coast Guard and U.S. Secret Service under one umbrella to provide protection to our domestic frontier. Others may opt to view the term as being able to personally survive man-made disasters such as the terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C on Sept. 11 or the devastation caused by a natural disaster like Hurricane Katrina.
This certificate delves into the above topics in the introductory course and then expands on specific areas in the more advanced courses stressing detection, protection and recovery issues for government, non-profit organizations, businesses, families and citizen first responders. While some may seek this education as a foundation for employment or voluntary service, many students will use the knowledge acquired to enhance their skills for use in their current work and personal lives.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now