Earn your associate of science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The mission of the Sports and Leisure Program is to provide students with a set of learning experiences which will enable them to seamlessly transfer into a four-year program pursuing a degree in a number of different areas. These areas include, but are not limited to: Sport Management, Sport Studies, Coaching, Recreation and Leisure Studies and Adventure Education. Students will be able to choose courses that fulfill the SUNY Transfer Path of their choice if one exists. These electives will be taken along with enough SUNY General Education courses to fulfill the SUNY and any departmental requirements. The coursework is designed to be multidisciplinary and allow the student to experience the course of study of their choice not only in the classroom, but also in the field. Finally, within the curriculum, students have the opportunity to gain practical firsthand experience regarding their career path by shadowing professionals engaged in their field of interest. Upon graduation with a Sports and Leisure Studies degree, students will be prepared to take advantage of numerous transfer opportunities within New York State.
- What's an associate degree?
- An associate degree usually takes two years of study and prepares students for employment or transfer to a bachelor’s program at a four-year university.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Erie Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now