Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
If you envision yourself working in the classroom, FLCC's teaching assistant certificate program is designed for you! In this program, you'll complete courses that will prepare you to test for certification through the New York State Department of Education. You will take courses in humanities, social science and math. You will also benefit from two required courses, EDU 101 Teacher Assistant I and EDU 102 Teacher Assistant II, which will prepare you for teacher assistant positions in the area of public education. These courses focus on federal and state laws and regulations, child and adolescent development and learning, classroom and behavior management and instructional strategies.
After graduation, you will be eligible to apply for the teaching assistant level III certification through the New York State Department of Education. You may also choose to progress to FLCC's A.A. childhood education (teacher education transfer) degree program or the A.A. liberal arts and sciences degree program.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Powered by Open SUNY+
- In addition to the features listed above, this Open SUNY+ degree includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now