Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Health Information Technology certificate program at Jamestown Community College prepares you for an entry-level job in the healthcare field. You will work with medical practitioners to make sure that the quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security of information is maintained in both paper and electronic systems.
In addition to learning basic medical office functions, you will have the option of becoming a member of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), which provides access to professional networking, research, and other resources.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Live lectures
- You will learn in real-time while the professor leads the class. Courses are similar to in-person classes, but you watch online.
- Classes on your schedule
- Courses are semester based and classwork can be completed around your work and family commitments. There is no set time where you are required to log in to attend class.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now