Earn your certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This certificate program is designed for students who seek the NYS Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse credential. Students are prepared to take the NYS OASAS-administered credentialing exam and the program is OASAS-certified every three years. Classes in this curriculum focus on addictive behaviors and various treatment approaches, pharmacological effects of alcoholism and/or illicit substance abuse and the family effects of addictive disorders.
Program Goals and Objectives
• To prepare students to take the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services-administered CASAC exam.
• To enable students to take entry level positions in the field as "CASAC-T's" -- CASAC Trainees.
• To teach future substance abuse counselors issues relating to diversity, ethical practice and diagnostic and counseling principles.
- What's a certificate?
- Certificates are usually one year in length and lead directly to employment. They consist of a focused series of courses and are typically found at Community Colleges.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Credit for prior knowledge
- Get college credit for experience that you have already gained at school or in the workforce.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now