Earn your advanced certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
SUNY Potsdam's advanced certificate program in college teaching offers affordable, 100% online instruction to help participants gain the skills needed to meet the increasing demand for qualified university instructors. Designed with today's working professional in mind, the four-course, 12-credit curriculum requires no campus visits for this fully online program with access to coursework anywhere, anytime. Topics include curriculum design, classroom technology and the developmental needs of adult learners.
As a post-masters student, participants will develop a broad skill-set useful for contemporary educators working within a post-secondary educational setting. Course content will introduce best practices in college-level teaching, designed for faculty, graduate teaching assistants and other professionals who want to develop or enhance their instructional skills. Participants will deepen their knowledge of strategies and ideas that work well in the college classroom.
Students can expect to gain demonstrable skills in designing high-quality learning experiences to increase effectiveness in their roles and help them emerge as leaders among their peers. With the increased competence developed in this program, participants will acquire instructional skills that can help transfer professional experience and knowledge into a higher education setting.
- What's a advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Personal concierge
- You will have one person who acts as a single point of contact for any and all questions you may have.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now