Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
This curriculum is designed for people who are now working or wish to work with young children. Graduates will be qualified for positions as directors, head teachers or assistants in day care centers, nursery schools and Head Start programs. Graduates are also qualified to be assistants in public and private pre-kindergartens, kindergartens, elementary schools and special education classes. Students who wish to transfer to a four-year college to pursue their New York State teacher certification should pursue the A.S. in Early Childhood. Students are responsible for checking with transfer institutions of their choice to assure the most successful transfer. Classroom instruction is supplemented by observations and practicums in programs serving young children. The Early Childhood program offers both day and evening courses. Students should check both day and evening schedules at each campus for courses offered each semester. Students must achieve a minimum grade of C in each major course in order to continue in the program and to qualify for graduation. Students will be permitted to repeat a course only once.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Suffolk County Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiments such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now