Earn your associate of applied science degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
A legal assistant or paralegal is a person, qualified by education, training or work experience, who is employed or retained by a lawyer, law office, corporation, governmental/public agency, bank, industry or other entity and who performs specifically delegated substantive legal work for which a lawyer is responsible. The paralegal program is designed neither for attorneys nor law office administrators. The Suffolk County Community College Paralegal Studies A.A.S. and Certificate programs are offered for paralegal education. Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.
- What's an associate of applied science degree?
- An associate of applied science degree generally has more of a vocational focus and prepares students for work in a specific job or industry. It typically contains less general education classes than other degrees.
- You will need to spend some time on campus to earn this degree
- This degree will require you to spend some time on-campus at Suffolk County Community College for some classes or seminars. However, the rest of your classes may be completed online. You may see this referred to as a "Hybrid Degree".
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- Request Program Information
How do I enroll?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Enroll Now