Earn your advanced certificate degree online
You will earn the same diploma as our on-campus students
The Advanced Graduate Certificate (AGC) in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is a 15-credit program that leads to an additional initial NYS certification, ESOL K-12. The program consists of five three-credit courses, as well as 50 hours of fieldwork and 20 days of student teaching, split between the elementary (K-6) and secondary (7-12) levels. Pre-requisites include a valid NYS certification, an earned Masters degree from an accredited college or university, and at least three credits of a foreign language for the 12-credit FL requirement for certification.
- What's a advanced certificate?
- Advanced, or graduate, certificates are designed to provide focused study to support a particular career interest. They vary in number of credits and typically require students to have a bachelor’s degree.
What's it like to earn this degree online?
Let's put your mind at ease about online learning
- 100% Online
- This program is presented 100% online. You will not be expected to attend any classes on campus.
- Learn by doing
- Participate in field experiences such as internships, clinical placements, and service learning to apply your academic knowledge in the world.
- Powered by Open SUNY+
- In addition to the features listed above, this Open SUNY+ degree includes 24/7 support, incorporates industry-leading teaching practices, and targets an area of high employer demand in New York State and beyond.
- Request Program Information
How do I apply?
Follow these steps to start your application
- Go to the online application
- Create an account
- Complete the forms or save for later
- Pay the application fee
- Submit any supplemental materials, if required
- Send in your academic records
- Apply Now